[Roxygen-devel] Templating mechanism?
Johannes Graumann
2012-12-30 05:40:37 UTC
Hello,

Is there a ROxygen-integral mechanism for doc-type specific templating? What
I am looking for is a way in which I can define what ROxygen tags are
expected/required in a function, a class, a data set. If documentation
wouldn't comply to thosre rools there would be a warning at "document()"-
time ...

Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely, Joh
Hadley Wickham
2013-01-03 14:30:23 UTC
Hi Johannes,

I'm not sure what the purpose would be do - do you want some automated
way of ensuring that you've provided a predefined set of tags?

Hadley

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Johannes Graumann
Post by Johannes Graumann
Hello,
Is there a ROxygen-integral mechanism for doc-type specific templating? What
I am looking for is a way in which I can define what ROxygen tags are
expected/required in a function, a class, a data set. If documentation
wouldn't comply to thosre rools there would be a warning at "document()"-
time ...
Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely, Joh
RStudio / Rice University
http://had.co.nz/
Johannes Graumann
2013-01-04 07:17:24 UTC
Hello Hadley,

Exactly. Something like

In case the documented thing is a function we are
absolutely expecting (absence throws error):
@examples
@details
recomending (absence issues warning):
@seealso

In case the documented thing is a data set ...
etc.

Wouldn't that make sense?

Joh
Post by Johannes Graumann
Hello,
Is there a ROxygen-integral mechanism for doc-type specific templating?
What I am looking for is a way in which I can define what ROxygen tags
are expected/required in a function, a class, a data set. If
documentation wouldn't comply to thosre rools there would be a warning
at "document()"- time ...
Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely, Joh
Hmmm, I'd prefer to just rely on the existing tools for checking Rd
files. Otherwise you end up having the same requirements coded in two
different places.

Hadley

Post by Johannes Graumann
Hello,
Is there a ROxygen-integral mechanism for doc-type specific templating?
What I am looking for is a way in which I can define what ROxygen tags
are expected/required in a function, a class, a data set. If
documentation wouldn't comply to thosre rools there would be a warning
at "document()"- time ...
Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely, Joh
Chief Scientist, RStudio